FIRST Championship Updates
Congrats to the New England teams who qualified for the FIRST Championship, as well as those that will be competing next week in St. Louis! The list of NE teams that qualified, as well as the teams that are attending, can be found here. The full list of teams attending Championship is here, and New England teams by sub-division are below:
FIRST Championship 2015 App
The FIRST Championship app is available in Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS! The app has schedules, maps, and information about all of the events happening at the Championship event. Even if you don’t have a smartphone, the Championship website also has useful information about all of the activities during Championship.
Championship Move-In Day
The recent blog post about Championship Move-In Day has key information for teams. Here are some of the important points:
- Starting at noon on Wednesday, teams will be able to go Registration in America’s Center to retrieve your team’s registration material. Registration badges are required for all attendees beginning Thursday morning. Registration is different than confirming your spot withFIRST; if your team has not registered yet, information about the process can be found here.
- Team equipment move in to the Pits begins Wednesday at 2 p.m. for up to five (5) team representatives. These five representatives are encouraged to get started with all that needs to get done: pit setup, robot repairs, inspection, etc. The seating areas in the Dome will be available at this time for team members not helping with the load-in.
- Access to the Pits will be available through the 9th Street doors and also the Plaza Entrance on Convention Boulevard.
- The Pits open to all team members starting at 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
Take full advantage of the opportunities available at Championship by attending the 2015FIRST Championship Conferences! There will be a series of sessions on topics of interest to FRC, FTC and FLL teams, coaches, mentors, students, volunteers, and prospective participants.
Future FIRST Championship News
In response to continually increasing interest and participation in FIRST Championship, two Championship events will be hosted beginning in 2017! Hosting FIRST Championship events in two cities on sequential weekends will enable increased capacity for FIRST to align with annual team growth and has the added benefit of easier accessibility and lower travel costs for many teams. Each Championship event will host competitions for all four FIRST robotics programs.
St. Louis will continue to host FIRST Championship events in 2015, 2016 and 2017. In 2017,FIRST will host two annual Championship events in St. Louis, MO, and in Houston, TX at the George R. Brown Convention Center, the Toyota Center, (home of the Houston Rockets) and Minute Maid Park (home of the Houston Astros). In 2018 through 2020, the events will be held in Detroit, MI, at Cobo Hall Convention Center and at Ford Field (home of the Detroit Lions), and again in Houston, TX.
See the official announcement and follow-up blog post for more information.
Connecticut FRC State Championship
The Connecticut State Championship for CT high school robotics teams will take place at Berlin High School on Saturday, May 16. Teams can register to compete on the CIAC/CAS website. Registration cost is $200/team and registration closes on Friday, May 1. Additionally, anyone interested in volunteering can sign up here! Post-season events are a great way to gain experience in volunteer roles.
- NEMO (Non-Engineering Mentor Organization) 12th Annual Meeting
Friday, April 24, 10 a.m. – noon
America’s Center, Room 255
701 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101
Join the Facebook event!
Learn more about NEMO at http://www.firstnemo.org.
- Connecticut State Championship
Saturday, May 16
Berlin High School
139 Patterson Way, Berlin, CT 06037
Join the Facebook event and sign up to volunteer!
NE FIRST Executive Director
- Bruce Linton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NE FIRST Regional Directors
- Massachusetts/Rhode Island – Steve Cremer (email@example.com)
- New Hampshire/Vermont – Scott Heaton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maine – Jamee Luce (email@example.com)
- Connecticut – Carol Scully (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NE FIRST Senior Mentors
- Connecticut – Kathie Kentfield (email@example.com)
- Massachusetts – Dana Henry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Submissions for NEFIRST things FIRST can be sent to email@example.com.