NE FIRST COVID-19 Preparation
New England FIRST and FIRST recognize that the health and safety of FIRST teams, volunteers and staff must be our top priority. We are following guidelines from state and county health departments, the CDC and local school districts regarding COVID-19. Decisions regarding event planning are made based on the guidance and policies as established by community and public health officials.
We are taking steps to ensure good hygiene practices and taking common-sense measures for public health at our events, including:
- Suspending the hi-five line for awards and handshakes at finals in favor of alternate ways to celebrate our teams
- Communicating with our volunteers regarding steps we can all take at competitions to promote good hygiene practices
- Encouraging those who are sick to remain home
- Placing hand sanitizer at various locations throughout our events
- Encouraging teams to have hand sanitizer in their pits for use during the events
- Posting signage at events, including in the restrooms, to promote hand-washing
- Regularly wiping down driver stations and other high-touch areas
We will update this information on any major changes. We are also keeping our event calendar up to date on our web site and Facebook page @nefirstorg.
Thank you for observing good hygiene practices during all of our events.