NE FIRST Seeking Executive Director
Come lead a team of dedicated professionals and volunteers as we prepare the next generation of technology leaders, innovators, educators and entrepreneurs. We have many success stories behind us… and many more to come.
The world is changing. It is moving faster and becoming more complex. Technology is driving this change, and the next generation workforce needs to be prepared to lead that change.
At ingenuityNE, we are equipping students with the skills necessary to drive this change. In fact, many of our former students are leaders in companies involved in these changes right now!
As our Executive Director, you will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for our staff, programs, growth, and execution of our mission.
Come join us, and together we can build the next generation of technology leaders.
Position Description and Job Responsibilities
The Executive Director will have overall operational responsibility for NE FIRST / ingenuityNE. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, staff and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include budget, fundraising, marketing, program growth and community outreach. The position reports directly to the President of NE FIRST / ingenuityNE.
Leadership & Management
* Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, program growth, excellence in event operations, administration and finance
* Actively engage and grow volunteers, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and sponsors / supporters / donors
* Identify and develop new NE FIRST / ingenuityNE programs, as appropriate, that support and expand the organizations mission
* Develop, maintain and support a strong relationship with the Board of Directors. Seek and build board involvement with policy decisions, strategic direction and ongoing regional operations and activities
* Lead, coach, develop, recruit and retain staff and key volunteers
* Ensure staff and volunteers have completed all appropriate training and necessary certifications
* Conduct regular performance reviews, and make recommendations for advancement, merit increases, bonuses, etc to the Board of Directors, for Board approval
* Conduct interviews and make recommendations for new staff, key volunteers, consultants, contractors, etc to the Board of Directors for approval
* Make recommendations to Board of Directors for organizational structure changes, including new staff and key volunteer positions and/or changes to existing organization structure and staff
* Responsible for fundraising and development of other revenue streams necessary to support the organization’s mission and long term viability
* Establish and grow strong foundation of sponsors and donors; identify and engage new contributors and supporters in areas including, but not limited to: corporate, foundation, and individual
* Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization to include submission to the Board of proposed budgets and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
* Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
* Responsible for preparing for and supporting regular audits, including meeting with auditors, reviewing results with the Board
* Supervise and collaborate with organization staff and key volunteers to ensure successful program operations
* Work with staff and key volunteers to meet or exceed annual program objectives
* Serve as the organization’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
* Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to social media to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger more recognized brand
* Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities in programming, volunteers, and sponsorship
* Work with Board of Directors to develop a strategic business plan that establishes program growth and expansion as well as financial stability
* Manage the finances of the organization to ensure that program objectives are met or exceeded
* Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
* Maintain relationships with key sponsors and funders to ensure their continued support of the program
* Ensure all required local, state, federal and organizational (e.g., insurance) reports and filings are completed accurately and submitted on-time
* Complete and submit additional reports as required or requested by the Board of Directors
* Establish, track and report on Key Performance Indicators to ensure the overall health and success of the organization
* Oversee operations and function of warehouse and event logistics
* 30-50% travel, depending on season, programming and activities
* Travel and weekend work may be required during event and competition season
* Primarily within the New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont), with some additional travel outside of New England necessary to represent NE FIRST / ingenuityNE at various events, functions and meetings
Education and Experience
* BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study
* Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience
* Experience working with a Board of Directors
* High level strategic thinking, planning and implementation
* Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to convey the organization’s vision and strategy to staff, board, volunteers and sponsors
* A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
* Active fundraising experience. Excellent sponsor relation and understanding of the funding community
* Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including sponsors, partner agencies and volunteers
* Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
* Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
* Experience working and aligning with academia
* Experience managing large complex public events
* Proven ability to influence and negotiate with venues and vendors
* Ability to collaborate across territory lines with various partners
* Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy
* Full time
* starting at $90,000 per year (negotiable)
* The Executive Director will report to the President of NE FIRST / ingenuityNE
* Health insurance (negotiable)
* Paid time off
If interested in the position, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About ingenuityNE / NE FIRST
ingenuityNE is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit incorporated in Connecticut, whose mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication and leadership.
ingenuityNE’s flagship program, NE FIRST, is operated in partnership with FIRST (a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit headquartered in Manchester, NH). NE FIRST provides accessible, innovative robotics programs that motivate young people ages 6 to 18 to pursue education and career opportunities in science technology, engineering and math, while building self-confidence, knowledge, and life skills.
web: ingenuityne.org & nefirst.org
ingenuityNE™, inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit public charity