Start a Team
It is our goal to have a FIRST program in every school across New England.
To make that happen, we need STEM advocates in each and every town.
The FIRST national office has established handy guides with step-by-step instructions on how to start a team in your area that can be found here: https://www.firstinspires.org/start-a-team.
We are looking for teams at all age levels:
- FIRST Lego League Jr. for Ages 6-9/Grades K-3
- FIRST Lego League for Ages 9-16/Grades 4-8
- FIRST Technical Challenge for Ages 12-18/Grades 7-12
- FIRST Robotics Competition for Ages 14-18/Grades 9-12
Team Startup Checklist:
- A spirit of adventure
- A commitment of the time required for each program level
- 2 coaches and at least 2+ kids
- A place to meet
- A willingness to raise funds (sponsorships and grants available)
- The desire to have fun and help kids learn
- The expectation to get more back than you give
If you have questions about starting a team in New England, reach out to your state’s senior mentor via email:
- NE FIRST Interim Executive Director Kim Pita, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CT Senior Mentor Stacey Gray, email@example.com
- MA/RI Senior Mentor, Dana Henry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New England Robotics Director, Scott Heaton, email@example.com
- NH Senior Mentor, Ken St. Hillaire, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ME Senior Mentor Steve Martin, email@example.com